How to make a complaint
You can make a complaint to the ADVAN by:
- Lodging a complaint online here
- Write a letter (via post or email) to:
Advertisers’ Association of Nigeria
17A, Salvation Road,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Complaints Under The ADVAN Self-Regulatory System
Complaints about the content of an advertisement or marketing communication can be made under the ADVAN Codes.
- ADVAN Code of Ethics provides the overarching set of principles around portrayal of people, sexual appeal, sex, sexuality and nudity, language, violence and health and safety.
- ADVAN Code For Advertising and Marketing Communications To Children is designed to ensure that advertising and marketing communications directed at Nigerian children are conducted within prevailing community standards around clear representation, sexualised images, unsafe or dangerous products, competitions, use of popular personalities, privacy, and food and beverage advertising.
- ADVAN Food & Beverages Advertising & Marketing Communications Code is designed to ensure a high sense of social responsibility in advertising and marketing of food & beverage products and services in Nigeria around undermining healthy active lifestyle, misleading or deceptive nutritional or health comparisons.
- Environmental Claims in Advertising and Marketing Code ensure that advertisers and marketers develop and maintain rigorous standards when making Environmental Claims and to increase consumer confidence to the benefit of the environment, consumers and industry.