Around the world, advertising practitioners are experiencing immense transformation within the industry, brought about by rapid changes both in technology and consumer behaviour. These changes present many evolving challenges and opportunities.
As such, advertisers, content publishers, media owners, agencies, regulators and other stakeholders must be able to make informed decisions to address these challenges whilst taking full advantage of the opportunities.
It is in the light of this that the Advertising Council of Nigeria (APCON), in partnership with BSP Media International, presents to a 2-Day International Summit on Advertising in Nigeria to showcase the current advances and emerging trends in advertising practices and standards. In addition the Summit will explore the relationship between current and future media platforms and how industry professionals can successfully seek to leverage these.
A high-level industry summit, the event will explore new business models, strategies, technologies and solutions for the advertising industry with a focus on the future and its digital ecosystem.
10 Key Themes for the Summit:
- The effectiveness of existing regulatory frameworks and their application in the digital context.
- With changing media consumption habits, what is the feasibility of the advertising watershed?
- The importance of audience measurement in bringing big budget international advertisers into the Nigerian media space
- Effective ways to leverage data analytics across digital platforms
- Insights for mobile and location-based advertising
- Rethinking strategies for growing audiences and revenues in an increasingly fragmented media marketplace
- Convergent media and telecoms services in Nigeria – understanding the implications for advertisers
- Understanding Programmatic Advertising and how it is used in the digital environment
- Discover the realities of using content on social media platforms to generate strong revenue
- Protecting African values in a digital ecosystem – effective control mechanisms
Speakers at the Summit include:
- Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede, President The Nigerian Stock Exchange
- Udeme Ufot, Group Managing Director SO&U Nigeria
- Michael Theodore, Senior VP Learning & Development Interactive Advertising Bureau (USA)
- Alhaji Garba Bello Kankarofi, CEO Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON)
- Nicolaas Vervelde, Chairman The Beer Sectorial Group
- Brett Bivans, Senior Vice President International Alliance for Responsible Drinking
- Tolu Ogunkoya, Regional Managing Director mediaReach OMD
- Oliver Gray, Director-General European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA)
- Ken Onyeali Ikpe, President MIPAN
- John Momoh, Chairman/CEO Channels Nigeria
- Strini Naicker, Senior Commercial Director Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) Africa
- David Okeme, President Advertising Association of Nigeria
- Kayode Oluwasona, President Association of Advertising Agencies of Nigeria
- Kelechi Nwosu, Managing Director TBWA/Concept
- Josiah Kimanzi, Immediate Past President Pan African Media Research Organisation (PAMRO)
- Molemo Moahloli, Managing Director GfK Consumer Choices South Africa
For details on how to register click here.