Chief Marketing Officers’ Forum
The Largest CMO Conference in Nigeria
About Victor Adenrele Banjo, FCIPD, MNI.,
Victor Adenrele BanjoChief Executive Officer, Omari Consulting Services Limited
Victor Banjo is an experienced Human Resources Director, Corporate Governance trainer and Performance Coach. His twenty+ years’ experience (fmcg, aviation, banking, maritime and not-for-profit sectors) with responsibility for human resources, corporate governance, director development, aviation security and supply chain span markets as diverse as Nigeria, Ghana, Gambia, Senegal, United Kingdom, Sao Tome & Principe and South Africa in these roles:
- Director General, Institute of Directors Nigeria
- Group General Manager, Human Resources, Jagal Group
- Executive Director, Human Resources, Virgin Nigeria Airways
- Executive Director, Human Resources, British American Tobacco Nigeria
- Group General Manager, Human Resources, Oceanic Bank International Plc
He previously served as member of the Governing Board of the IoD Centre for Corporate Governance and Executive Committee member of the African Corporate Governance Network (ACGN). An accomplished Board-level Coach, he is accredited by the International Finance Corporation (IFC) as a Trainer on the IFC Corporate Governance Board Leadership Resources and Building Director Training Organisations toolkits for sub-Saharan Africa. He regularly facilitates board and senior management strategy, coaching and leadership development sessions for major FMCG, Banking and Public Sector organisations.
As part of his commitment to capacity building, he has served as:
- Member, Advisory Board: Pan-Atlantic University/Lagos Business School, Nigeria.
- Member, Advisory Board: Afterschool Graduate Development Centre, Lagos, Nigeria
- Vice Chairman, Committee of Personnel Experts, Chartered Institute of Bankers Nigeria (2008 to Jan 2010).
- Vice Chairman, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development, UK (South London Branch), 2000/2001
His educational and professional certifications include:
- Registered Professional, Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria since 2014
- Honorary Senior Member, Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria since 2009
- Alumnus, National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies, Kuru, Nigeria – 2010
- Chartered Fellow, Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (UK) since 2007
- Learning and Development Master, Learning and Development Network International.
- Certified Board Evaluation Practitioner, Financial Institutions Training Centre, Nigeria – 2015
- Postgraduate Diploma, Human Resources Management, London Metropolitan University – 1996
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (Further Education Sector), University of Greenwich – 1997
- Graduate of English Studies, University of Ife, Nigeria (now Obafemi Awolowo University) – 1987
A proven public presenter, he has served as Chairman/Moderator/Keynote Speaker/Panelist at major seminars and conferences including the:
- Lagos Business School HR Forum 2017 and 2018
- HR Expo Africa 2016, 2017 and 2018, Lagos, Nigeria
- HR Africa Summit, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Institute of People Management Namibia Convention, Windhoek, Namibia
- Launch of the Corporate Governance Code for the Nigerian Telecommunications Sector
- NAICOM-endorsed special corporate governance training for directors of insurance companies.
- 14th Wharton Africa Business Forum, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
His areas of expertise include: Performance Management, Learning and Development, Policy and Strategic Studies, Board Leadership and Effectiveness, Corporate Governance and Sustainability, Building Director Training Organisations, Business Ethics, Culture Change and Business Transformation, Coaching and Mentoring, Strategic Talent Management and Succession Planning.
Widely traveled, he has visited over twenty-seven countries in Africa, Europe, North America and the Middle East.
His published works on LinkedIn include:
- Trends in policy discontinuity in Nigeria and implications for national development
- Crafting a Nigerian foreign policy based on national interest and reciprocity
- The independent director, board effectiveness and corporate sustainability
- Rebuilding the Nigerian Aviation Sector…lessons from the past
- The business case for board leadership and governance training
- Promoting good governance in Nigerian public administration
- Policy reversal in the Nigerian Railway modernisation project
- How to implement an effective board governance framework
- Developing a people strategy for global competitiveness
- How to build a great nation: my Namibian experience
- Nowhere to run…saving planet Earth for our children
- Ensuring food security through policy sustainability
- Change begins with the President
- Getting Nigeria working again
- Directors as talent builders
He is married with two children aged 22 and 11.